Sunday, August 17, 2014

Disney Movie of the Week: The Puppet and the Mouse



So a few days ago my mom decided to take a girls vacation to California for her birthday weekend. I was so excited! If anyone deserves to sit on a beach and relax it would be my mom. The woman works 6 days a week. We would go lay on the beach, check out Hollywood oh and...GO TO DISNEYLAND!!! It doesn't even seem real that I'm going back. We leave in 18 days. Which gives me this chilling challenge (10 points for catching the "Haunted Mansion" reference..): to watch all the Disney movies!

Well almost all...I have 36 movies on my list. 18 days, 36 movies, means I have to watch 2 movies a day. Today my body decided to wake up at 6 am (well my dog decided it was time to wake up at 6 am, my body decided to stay up) so I think we'll get a good start today.
Today we are starting with:

Pinocchio
This classic Disney movie has brought joy to people for 74 years! It holds the dreamers ultimate anthem, "When You Wish Upon a Star" which is one of the most well known songs (and has the ability to make me bawl my eyes out...ahem...). I love this movie dearly. 

Favorite characters:

Jiminy Cricket


Jiminy is always there for words of wisdom and a great song. He shows us that even sometimes the wisest people still need to learn lessons. I think the world would be a better place if we all listened to the Jiminy Crickets in our life. 

Figaro and Cleo

Figaro is spunky and feisty while Cleo is sweet. This unlikely duo compliment each other. Figaro is truly the original Grumpy Cat and reminds me of my own Grumpy Cat, Taffy. 

Favorite Songs:




Fantasia:
Ok so confession time: this is not my favorite movie. I actually only watch this when I'm having a hard time falling asleep. I'm watching it as I write and the writing is the only thing keeping me awake. When I was younger the Dinosaur scene and Chernabog scared the crap out of me. However I do enjoy the scenes with the centaurs, the scene with the dancing ostriches and hippos and of course the classic Sorcerer's Apprentice. And at 125 minutes it is a long movie. If you want to show Fantasia to your kids, I suggest breaking it up in 2 or even 3 showings. It is a good movie to show if you want them to learn about music but if they watch it in one shot it might be hard to keep their attention. 






No comments:

Post a Comment