Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Tank Is Empty...


You guys are probably very confused...usually today is DMOTW but I thought today I'd take a break and write about something else....or try to.

So I do a lot of writing for my job. Which is amazing. I love my job and I'm super grateful for it. But I feel like it's taking away from my writing here. Now it's not like I can just quit my job and stay home and work on this blog. I have waaaay to many bills to pay and this blog is too new to make me any profit. It's definitely something I want in the future but just something I can't do right now. 

I have 3 months of topics written out at a time. I try to have enough posts scheduled ahead of time so I'm not scrambling for content...like I am now...I try to have at least 5 posts scheduled out. I usually wake up early to write, but most of the time I am way too brain dead to crank out a post. After work I try to go run and then I come home and 1.) I spent all day writing for other people and my creativity is all used up or 2.) I'm still dying from my run and I lay on my living room floor until I have enough energy to crawl up the stairs to go to bed. 

I was offered a few guest blogging features and was super excited about them, I talked to the bloggers about how my creativity tank was empty and now wasn't the best time. It totally sucked because I really wanted to do it, but everyone was super supportive and understood and said the spot is always open when I'm ready. But I still feel like I'm missing out on an opportunity because I am putting more work into another person's project than my own.  

Am I going about creativity all wrong? Is it like a gas tank that can be emptied and refilled? Or am I not actually a creative person because creative people always have enough of it? I have been spending a lot of time in thought, thinking about creativity, where to find it in the external world and in ourselves. And I found some great quotes that I want to share.


 I love this quote. I think that it means that I've stepped away from the little Arielle who has been my inner voice for a long time. I have always taken pride in knowing that I was still very much in tune with her. But she's been lost among the chaos of money, careers, mortgages and student loan payments. I think we are long overdue for a visit with each other. 






I have learned that inspiration will not come to me by sitting on my ass. I need to be out in the world, looking at art, tasting great food, having amazing conversations with people. I need to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. 


I love love love this infographic!! It is my favorite thing!! I'm definitely going to be looking at this a lot!!


What inspires you? How do you keep your creative edge? Let me know in the comments! And don't forget my giveaway is ending soon!! Have you entered yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment