Saturday, June 21, 2014

Being Grateful





We still have no AC, we've fixed everything we can think of and still, nothing is working. Utah cooled down a little bit this week but now we are heading back into our Summer temps. I'm praying we get it fixed before July comes and we hit 100 degree weather. During this time of no air conditioning, I found myself realizing how blessed we are. So I made a list (I love lists...) of some of the things I am grateful for. 

Air Conditioning 
Not only for my sake, but the furbabies sake as well. I feel so bad for them. If I'm hot, they must feel ten times worse. The fact that we have the technology to change the temperature in our house is amazing! I will never take it for granted again.

Clean Water 
The other day Brody was watering the lawn and he said, "We are so lucky to be able to have enough clean water that we can pump 50 gallons of it onto grass just so it looks pretty...when there are people who don't even have clean water to drink." Couldn't have said it any better my love. The fact that we have clean water to not only drink but to play in and bathe in, is a big deal. And we all seem to take it for granted.  
My Furbabies 
If you know me, you know my furbabies are my kids. I call them my kids. The other night Buttons was sleeping next to me and I just stared at her for about 10 minutes and just felt so much love. I'm so glad to have our animals. They mean the world to me. They offer so much unconditional love.  

The cuteness gets her out of trouble...alot...





My House 
I love my house. I mean, LOVE it. It is one of my favorite places (next to Disneyland) in the world. I know how blessed I am that we own a home and that we have such a beautiful place to call our shelter.  

My Spouse 
Brody is THEE best partner in the world. He is patient, loving, supportive and he makes me cry from laughing at least once a day. He always has my back.  
My Family 
Crazy? Yes. Dysfunctional? A little...but I am very grateful for my family. I wouldn't be were I am today without them. 

My Blog/Other Bloggers 
I love how there are SO many blogs out there but instead of everyone competing against each other, we all empower and support one another. While some people read the morning paper, I read blogs! It is a great escape away from stress and I have come to love so many great blogs and bloggers!  

And of course..  

Disney! 
Disney gave me an escape when I was a kid. My mom was a young mother who went from being a military wife who had a deployed husband to being a single mom. My mom kicked ass at making sure us kids adjusted well but when your dad just stops being in your life it can be heartbreaking. Disney distracted me from that. It also taught me to never give up on dreams and to always "keep moving forward". Disney also instilled an imagination in me, between Disney and my mom I discovered a love of reading and writing. And it taught me to never ignore the inner child in you! 

I truly believe that being grateful is good karma. When you are feeling like everything is bringing you down, sit down and write 5 things you are grateful for, In fact, let's do it right now! What are you grateful for?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment