Sunday, June 29, 2014

Disney Movie of the Week: Toy Story




Ah childhood...a time where all you needed was your teddy bear and a Barbie and everything was alright. You lugged your favorite toy around everywhere. The doctors, the grocery store, even the park. You cried when it got lost, and rejoiced when mom or dad found it again. 

Now we have mortgages and jobs and crap like that. Yippee. 

Toy Story is the story of kids and adults everywhere. It reminds us about the simpler times where your biggest worry was where you put your favorite action figure. 

I love the Toy Story trilogy and I am way excited to make the first one our Disney Movie of The Week!!


What We Love: The characters, the iconic songs, the nostalgia. We love pretty much everything in this movie! It's one of those movies that make you laugh out loud. And when you get older you get more of the jokes. When I watched it last week I finally got this quote:


I was snort-laughing for about 10 minutes after this...
What we don't love: Dude what's up with Sid? If I was his mom I'd be like, "slow your roll..you psycho spawn of Satan.." And then I'd ship him off to military boarding school. Like a boss. 

Favorite Quotes: 
Woody: "The word I'm searching for, I can't say, because there are preschool toys present,"
Mr. Potato Head: "You uncultured swine!"...I may or may not use this as an insult in my daily life...
Buzz: "You are a sad strange little man, you have my pity."


Toy Story in Disneyland: Toy Story Mania in California Adventures is a great ride for all ages. You basically get to ride through an arcade and play numerous arcade favorites. This is one of those rides that you go on for the air conditioning, but it's great fun for the little ones. I LOVE Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. again it's a great AC ride, but great for all ages. Armed with a laser cannon while operating a XP-40 space cruiser, you'll fly through the galaxy protecting all intergalactic citizens from the evil Emperor Zurg. You can get some bookoo points depending on what you hit. 
I would also like to clear something up: There is a rumor that if you yell "Andy's coming!" to any of the Toy Story characters, they will fall to the ground. I've been trying this for like 5 years, and it doesn't happen. I'm thinking it's because of  the costumes. Or the chance that they might be trampled on...I heard that they used to do this but they don't anymore...sorry to burst your bubble folks. 



Do you prefer Toy Story Mania or Buzz's Astro Blasters? What is your favorite part of the first Toy Story? Let me know in the comments! Also don't forget about my giveaway that you can find here!



No comments:

Post a Comment